McEwen Mining' Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The Gold Bar Mine consists of an open pit mining operation, delivering ore to a crushed heap leach with solution being processed through an ADR Plant and Refinery. Eureka is a small ranching and mining community located 4 hours east of Reno, NV, 120 miles southwest of Elko, NV and 75 east of Ely, NV. The school system is one of the best in NV. If you can live in a smaller community, this could be the role for you.
We are looking for an Industrial Hygienist to support the protection of employee health through training, anticipation, recognition, occupational medical surveillance, evaluation, communication, and control of environmental stressors (biological, chemical, physical and ergonomic) in or arising from workplace exposures within the Gold Bar site.
This role is a great opportunity to support the IH initiatives and provide technical Health advice to the site. Reporting to the Safety Manager, your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assists in the implementation of the McEwen IH processes.
- Reviews health exposures and status and assists in the development and implementation of recommended solutions to improve health standards across the mine.
- Provides subject matter guidance to ensure employees understand and comply with the health procedures and relevant legislation .
- Conducts health audits on a regular basis and ensures all hazards are appropriately addressed and included on health reduction exposures
- Advises management in critical issues and recommends interactions which will contribute to alleviating health risks.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of IH
- Conduct investigations of incidents and near misses. Establish the facts, identify causes, make findings and recommend corrective
- A commitment to the health and safety of yourself and your team
- 2 -5 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in relevant disciplines such as Health and/or Industrial Hygiene or other related field working in a dedicated Health
- Strong interpersonal skills. This position has high employee contact with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization. Excellent interpersonal skills are a high priority.
- Skills in delivering Health and Safety training, including adapting IH and training and educational materials for specific needs.
- Practical problem-solving skills in researching and resolving Health and Safety issues with the ability to develop solutions to non-standard
- Excellent customer relations skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Sound communication skills including the ability to write recommendations and reports for management and present information to a range of stakeholders.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge and skills with a P.C. utilizing MS Office
- Able to work independently, as well be an effective member of the management team
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management is critical and required for the successful candidate
- Ability to facilitate collaboration and interaction with individuals and groups including contractor partners
- Decisive project management ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and active listening skills
- Effective analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of internal employees and external stakeholders
- Highly effective organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one, small and large group settings
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in a results-oriented environment
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
- Various voluntary benefits
McEwen Mining participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.