The Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1988 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. McEwen Mining Inc. acquired the property and began active exploration in 2011. The McEwen Gold Bar Mine consists of an open pit mining operation delivering ore to a crushed heap leach with solution being processed through an ADR plant and Refinery.
To provide overarching technical guidance and evaluation to short- mid- and long-range mine planning to ensure that production targets are met.
- Lead the Mine Engineering efforts to achieve targets and goals.
- Communicate clear roles and responsibilities for all positions on the org structure of the Department.
- Develop and communicate performance expectations and measures for direct reports.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and feedback to direct reports, including ongoing coaching and development for the Mine Engineer regarding the development of short-range planning and forecasting.
- Ensure that all required training is carried out as needed.
- Provide operational-level input, guidance, and technical evaluation into Life of Mine Planning, and participate in annual reviews
- Develop and communicate an annual plan
- Develop and communicate 30 to 90-day plans
- Provide operational-level Input into an annual budget
- Develop processes, procedures, and systems that enable the Mine Engineering team to reach objectives
Operational / Technical Execution
- Build and maintain sound relationships across the Technical Services Team
- Drive and monitor adherence processes, procedures, and systems by the team
- Monitor the annual plan, conducting quarterly reviews.
- Implementation of 30 to 90-day plans, conducting monthly reviews to monitor adherence and report on variances and corrective actions.
- Update and maintain QA and QC protocols and ensure quality standards/goals are met
- Works closely with mining contractor with the reconciliation of tonnages, drilling and activities to the database.
Resource Modelling inputs
- Conducts a weekly reconciliation, carrying out updates in consultation with the Senior Mine Geologists.
- Review operational and economic inputs, including topography and cost per ton as compiled by the Mine Engineer and submit a month end reconciliation to the Senior Resource Geologist
Administration and Controls
- Conduct and/or take part in daily staff and management meetings and weekly safety meetings
- Carry out routine administration and reporting
Cross Functional Relationships
- Contractor: execution of work and reconciliation of data
- Mine Geology: monitoring the execution of work against resource modelling.
- Exploration Geology: provides long term input for model and provision of monthly operational and economic inputs.
- QA/QC: standards and protocols
- Degree in Mine Engineering. Professional Engineering Certification a plus but not required.
- 5 - 12 years of progressive experience in planning of mining operations is required
- Proven leadership and coaching skills
- Required to work cooperatively with all functions and present data to site and corporate leaders.
- Technical and operational skills relevant to this position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite + computer systems relating to this position and level of work
- Knowledge of and adheres to Health, Safety and Industrial Hygiene standards and requirements relevant to this area of work and its related operations.
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Management skills
- Coaching skills
- Level-appropriate problem-solving skills
- Report writing skills
- Effective meeting skills
- Analyse and interpret data
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Planning skills
- Business acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Development strategies
- Climbing ladders/stairs, walking over uneven ground, bend, stoop kneel, stand for long periods
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
- Works in heat and cold environments.
- PPE required; respirator must be worn to perform specific tasks.
- Must be able to hear and use mine radios and other communication devices.
- Works at altitudes up to 8800 feet or greater.
- Valid driver’s licence
- Operates company vehicles in a variety of conditions
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.