The Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1988 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. McEwen Mining Inc. acquired the property and began active exploration in 2011. The McEwen Gold Bar Mine consists of an open pit mining operation delivering ore to a crushed heap leach with solution being processed through an ADR plant and Refinery.
The Crusher Operator will report to the Crusher Shift Supervisor.
- Safe operation of crushing
- Perform daily equipment walk around and work area inspections to identify, minimize and correct safety hazards and keep equipment properly maintained.
- Keep proper records and daily production schedules for submitting reports on production and maintenance as directed by supervision.
- Monitor equipment and systems to insure proper operation.
- Grind (crushing jaw and gyro) and carbon-in-leach and carbon stripping
- Clean up excess material around the crusher using either a skid-steer and/or shovel as needed.
- Ability to operate a, backhoe, telehandler forklift, loader, dozer and rock breaker attached to an excavator.
- Effective communication skills, as well as interpersonal, problem solving, basic math skills, ability to inform others using radio communication or other means of communication.
- Inspects and checks all other regularly
- Perform other duties as assigned
- One (1) year working in a crushing operations or similar environment preferred
- Experience in other phases of gold ore processing preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and work with minimum supervision required
- Ability to stay alert and recognize possible hazardous conditions required
- Proven safe work record with belief and value seen in courageous leadership model required
- Ability to be an initial team member in a growing, fast paced environment required
- Valid Driver's License
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.