GEOLOGY ASSISTANT POSITION
The Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1988 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. McEwen Mining Inc. acquired the property and began active exploration in 2011. The current mine consists of an Open Pit Mining Operation delivering Ore to a Crushed Heap Leach with solution being processed through an ADR Plant and Refinery.
The Geology Assistant will assist the Geologist in executing the follows duties:
- Assist the Geologist in blast hole mapping responsibilities.
- Assist the Geologist in ore control activities.
- Assist the Geologist in muck and bench face sampling activities.
- Assist the Geologist in sample submittal to the assay laboratory.
- Verify the accuracy of geology data and QA/QC samples before submittal.
- Assist the Geologist in high wall mapping and in-pit geological mapping duties.
- Assist the Geologist in crusher and leach pad sampling activities.
- Assist the Geologist in density test activities.
- Perform survey works as needed.
- Perform pit inspections.
- Perform other duties assigned to him/her by the Geologist or Senior Geologist.
- Climb ladders /stairs.
- Long periods of standing.
- Walking over uneven ground.
- Moderate to heavy repetitive lifting to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive motion, including bending, stooping, kneeling, and standing for long periods of time.
- PPE required.
- Exposure to noise and dust.
- Prolonged exposure to weather conditions (Hot, cold, windy, etc).
- Working at high elevations.
- Rotating Shifts
• Days/Nights/Weekends and Holidays
• 12-hour shifts
Must have valid Drivers License
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.