The Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1988 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. McEwen Mining Inc. acquired the property and began active exploration in 2011. The current mine consists of an Open Pit Mining Operation delivering Ore to a Crushed Heap Leach with solution being processed through an ADR Plant and Refinery.
McEwen is looking for a Security Guard to join the team. Reporting to the Safety Manager. The Security Guard is responsible for the following:
The primary duties are to be vigilant and report all suspicious activities to protect facilities from acts of trespassing. This presence will act as a deterrent to any ill will towards our assets.
All persons entering the site will be required to satisfy the security guard that they have authority to be at that site. All pertinent information regarding such personnel will be recorded for submission with a daily shift report required at the end of the shift. These interactions with visitors will be conducted in a professional, firm, yet friendly manner.
• Provide surveillance of that site to ensure that no unauthorized personnel gains entry
• Keep detailed records of all activities at the detailed site and submit these documents at the end of shift to supervisor
• Report all suspicious activities
• Confirm communication equipment is fully operational
• Complete all appropriate documentation when arriving on mine-site
• Wear all Personal Protective Equipment at all times on the job site
• Demonstrate safe and courteous driving techniques
• Ensure security vehicle is fully functional
• Other duties as assigned
• Conduct Drug and Alcohol screenings (will be trained and certified)
• Rotating Shifts
• Days/Nights/Weekends and Holidays
• 12-hour shifts
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.