The Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1988 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. McEwen Mining Inc. acquired the property and began active exploration in 2011. The current project consists of an open pit mining operation delivering ore to a crushed heap leach with solution being processed through an ADR plant and refinery.
- Maintain accurate records of employee training, employee health monitoring, worker’s compensation and MSHA reporting
- Build relationships with health and safety regulators and participate in regulatory health and safety inspections
- Evaluate safe work procedures and ensure compliance with MSHA and State regulations
- Conduct Health and Safety training programs
- Conduct on site audits per the loss control program and as required by the department
- Identify, develop, and communicate best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks and raise health and safety awareness. Conduct and lead risk assessments to identify and control exposures to workplace hazards.
- Assists in management's investigation of injuries and incidents
- Assists in monitoring site contractors for compliance with contract Safety & Health requirements
- Will lead the investigation of all accidents, near-miss incidents and occupational injuries, and tracking implementation of preventive/corrective measures as required.
- Report incidents and/or injuries in accordance with regulatory standards and/or company policies and procedures.
- Participates in educational meetings to instruct employees in matters pertaining to occupational health and prevention of accidents
- Consults with management, employee representatives, and other agencies regarding industrial health problems and solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Safety, Applied Sciences or Engineering preferred. Equivalent experience will be strongly considered
- Approximately 3-5 years of Health and Safety experience within mining, oil and gas, chemicals or heavy industrial settings. Industrial Hygiene experience would be highly beneficial
- Strong leadership abilities
- Must have solid understanding of MSHA and the CFR’s and general industrial safety
- Demonstrate good understanding of key safety principles in the mining industry
- Experience with behavior-based safety (BBS) programs preferred
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skill, ability to lead training sessions
- Work effectively and respond quickly under pressure situations
- Ability to teach, mentor and motivate others.
- Experience with root cause analysis
- Experience conducting exposure assessments and industrial hygiene sampling is a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- EMS and/or ERT experience is preferred
- Has knowledge of programs that are used for database with Hazards or incident reports
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.