The Gold Bar Mine is located within the Battle Mountain-Eureka-Cortez gold trend of Eureka County, Central Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1990 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. The nearest mine is Waterton Global’s Ruby Hill Mine at approximately 25 miles to the Southeast. Starting from 50 miles North and Northwest of Gold Bar is the Barrick Nevada operation, with a 2017 cumulative production of 2.3 million ounces of gold from its Cortez and Goldstrike mines.
McEwen is looking for a Security Guard to join the team. Reporting to the Safety Manager. The Security Guard is responsible for the following:
The primary duties are to be vigilant and report all suspicious activities to protect facilities from acts of trespassing. This presence will act as a deterrent to any ill will towards our assets.
All persons entering the site will be required to satisfy the security guard that they have authority to be at that site. All pertinent information regarding such personnel will be recorded for submission with a daily shift report required at the end of the shift. These interactions with visitors will be conducted in a professional, firm, yet friendly manner.
• Provide surveillance of that site to ensure that no unauthorized personnel gains entry
• Keep detailed records of all activities at the detailed site and submit these documents at the end of shift to supervisor
• Report all suspicious activities
• Confirm communication equipment is fully operational
• Complete all appropriate documentation when arriving on mine-site
• Wear all Personal Protective Equipment at all times on the job site
• Demonstrate safe and courteous driving techniques
• Ensure security vehicle is fully functional
• Other duties as assigned
• Conduct Drug and Alcohol screenings (will be trained and certified)
• Rotating Shifts
• Days/Nights/Weekends and Holidays
• 12-hour shifts
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.