The Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1988 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. McEwen Mining Inc. acquired the property and began active exploration in 2011. The current mine consists of an Open Pit Mining Operation delivering Ore to a Crushed Heap Leach with solution being processed through an ADR Plant and Refinery.
The position of Controller – Nevada Operations consists of supervising, planning and directing accounting and financial activities, budgeting, and reporting on expenditures and costs/expense trends, payroll, such as branch bank, brokerage firm, risk and insurance department, or credit department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervises the Nevada Operations Finance department;
- Facilitates the budgeting process and submits for corporate approval;
- Audits, prepares tax reports/documents, accounts receivables/payables, purchasing, real estate, long and short range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization;
- Supervises compliance with Internal Control Standards;
- Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with Goldbar site leadership;
- Particiaptes as a member of the Nevada leadership team in the defination of short and long term strategies and drives cost optimaztion;
- Approve, reject, or coordinate the approval or rejection of lines of credit or commercial, real estate, and business accounts;
- The postion provides and directs procedures and computer application systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting;
- Review collection reports to determine the status of collections and the amounts of outstanding balances;
- Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with Corporate finance;
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports;
- Oversee the flow of cash or financial instruments;
- May examine, evaluate, or process loan applications;
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals or business customers or provide assistance with problems these customers may encounter;
- Establish procedures for custody or control of assets, records, loan collateral, or securities to ensure safekeeping;
- Prepare financial or regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, or boards of directors;
- Analyzes studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization's policies and operations;
- Analyzes operational issues impacting functional groups and the whole institution, and determines their financial impact;
- Assist in the appraisal of the organization's financial position and issues periodic reports on organization's financial stability, liquidity, and growth;
- Assist in coordinating tax reporting programs and investor relations activities.
- Evaluates and recommends business partnering opportunities;
- A bachelor's degree in accounting; Master's degree in financial/accounting disciplines or equivalent preferred.
- 10 to 13+ years of related financial experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mining experience preferred.
- 8+ years as a supervisor or manager.
- MS-Suite with advanced experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other financial analysis software.
- Advanced verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and to use judgment and make decisions.
In order of importance
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Ability to address performance issues in a timely manner.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Office environment.
- Occassionally travel to mining and other remote sites, and walk on uneaven terrain.
- Occassional travel to corporate.
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
- PTO Accrual
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.