The Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1988 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. McEwen Mining Inc. acquired the property and began active exploration in 2011. The current project consists of an open pit mining operation delivering ore to a crushed heap leach with solution being processed through an ADR plant and refinery.
Position Summary: A skilled and growth-oriented Senior Resource Geologist will lead Gold Bar’s mineral resource modelling and estimation initiatives in support of safe, low-cost gold production and best-in-class exploration practices.
- Build, defend and update highly reliable mineral resource and grade control models and estimates
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined and highly skilled teams in creating robust ore models while supporting planning, mine design and exploration Initiatives
- Maintain comprehensive QAQC protocols and reporting
- Actively support HSE Management systems, regulatory compliance and safety-related best practices
- Master’s Degree in Geology (Bachelor’s degree acceptable) with commensurate production or exploration experience and at least 5 years mineral resource modelling and estimation
- Registered Professional Geoscientist and Qualified Person
- Proficient in advanced statistical modelling techniques
- Advanced skills in use of Datamine or similar software
- Strong familiarity with complex geology of a Carlin-type deposits
- Best practices guide all resource modelling, resource estimations, QAQC and decision-making
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Frequent work with outside consultants
- Strong communication and management skills
- Effective report writing and meeting skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Able to effectively manage multiple and often changing priorities Ability to work within a team-based environment
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.