Duininck Concrete in Alexandria MN is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, and ready-mix concrete throughout the state of Minnesota. This position will inspect, diagnose, and repair equipment fleet which consists of semi tractors, tandems, tridems and various models of trailers and on occasion, may drive from one destination to another to repair and maintain machinery and equipment under direction of the Lead Mechanic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote trust and respect among co-workers, and demonstrate Safety-First Culture centered around embracing change, respect one another, keeping positive and cooperative with a clear purpose and results orientated
- Operate and inspect all models of trucks/trailers and components to determine needed repairs.
- Discuss equipment problems with supervisor and/or others as needed.
- Repair, replace, calibrate, adjust and/or rebuild components.
- Test repaired equipment for proper operation.
- Inspect, add and/or change fluids and lubricants; check and replace worn parts and perform other routine service and maintenance.
- Perform welding and fabrication work as needed.
- Review and stay current on equipment manuals, service bulletins and other resources; attend training sessions. Maintain and update knowledge of equipment to be serviced.
- Assist with ordering parts, materials and supplies needed for repair and maintenance.
- Record work performed, time and materials used for each job; complete timecards and maintain related work logs and records.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, equipment, motor vehicles and heavy equipment and perform related duties as assigned by the Shop Manager.
- Maintain orderliness, cleanliness, and safety.
- Must be self-motivated and able to plan for future needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience on class 8 equipment. Basic computer skills preferred. CDL is preferred
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to use technology for repair work (iPads, computers, etc.)
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
- Understand and adhere to the Duininck Standards of Conduct.
Must be able to stand and walk 3/4 of the time and sit 1/4 of the time. Must be able to use hand to finger, feel or handle over 2/3 of the time. Must be able to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl 1/3 of the time. Must be able to talk and read English. Must be able to lift to up to 20 pounds 1/3 of the time and up to 50 pounds over 2/3 of the time. Close vision and depth perception are required.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.