Communicates effectively with internal team and contractors while safely operating concrete conveyor truck to place concrete correctly in the proper location at job sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pre-trip inspection of concrete conveyor pursuant to DOT regulations. Pre-trip inspection includes checking fluid levels of engine oil, antifreeze, tire pressure, brakes and other driver operated controls such as hydraulic systems, line systems, and hydraulics.
- Safely drives to the project site that is assigned by following directions and uses experience to take the most direct route to job site to ensure on time service.
- Safely drives concrete conveyor into site and works with contractor or homeowner to set up conveyor in a safe position.
- Convey concrete pursuant to customer desire with respect to yards per hour in the safest manner.
- Upon completion, operator will clean out conveyor systems in the project where desired by contractor or homeowner, in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Keep conveyor dispatch informed as to the status of projects via two-way radio, and cellular phones, if available.
- Prior to leaving job site, driver is responsible for completing all paperwork and collection of monies if necessary.
- Each operator is responsible to call dispatch at the end of each day to obtain work direction for the next day.
- Each operator is expected to perform a post trip inspection of the concrete conveyor pursuant to DOT standards and the communications with maintenance is imperative.
- Operator may be asked to work on or clean the conveyor, assist at a batch plant, operate a ready-mix truck or other related duties.
Education and/or Experience: No prior experience or training. Class B license is required.
Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical skills: Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical demands: This position requires standing or walking 2/3 of the time and sitting 1/3 of time. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel over 2/3 of the time. Reach with hands and arms over 2/3 of the time. Climb or balance 2/3 of time. Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl 1/3 of time. Must be able to talk or hear over 2/3 of time and taste or smell 1/3 of time. Must be able to lift up to 50 to 100 pounds up to 2/3 of the time. This job has special vision requirements must have close, distance, color, peripheral, depth, and ability to adjust focus of vision.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.