The McEwen Mining Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The Gold Bar Mine consists of an open pit mining operation,
delivering ore to a crushed heap leach with solution being processed through an ADR Plant and Refine
The Process Electrical &Instrumentation Technician will report to the Process Superintendent of Maintenance/Operation. The E&I Technician will troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild, replacement and installation according to the engineering standards, best practices and the manufacturer recommendation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Inspection of field instrumentation and verification of manufacture calibration, onsite calibration, and testing
- Completing electrical work in accordance with NEC, NFPA70E, MSHA standards, and best practice
- Control element inspection and troubleshooting, repair and rebuild, replacement and installation according to engineering standards, best practices, and manufacture recommendation
- Calibration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of analytical equipment.
- Commissioning and start up activities including, instrument loop inspection, loop check, configuration, calibration, and testing. Mechanical installation, stock testing, of final control elements
- Support and maintenance of DCS, and PLCs based systems. Practical experience with hardware of Rockwell A.B (ControlLogix & CompactLogix), and Delta V system
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- 2+ year of relevant experience, preferably in mining industry/heavy industrial using electrical/ Instrumentation, fiber communication, AC and DC motors, reliability principals, and PLCs
- State electrical licensing or technical electrical training/schooling
- Proven experience in dedication to documentation updates and creation for plant specific maintenance tasks including calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Practical knowledge of Motor Starters, MCCs, VFD, and 480-volt three phase systems
- Climbing Ladders/Stairs
- Long periods of standing
- Walking over uneven ground
- Moderate to Heavy repetitive lifting to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive motion - Bending, stooping, kneeling, and standing for long periods of time
- PPE required
- Noise Exposure
- Exposure to Dust
- Prolonged exposure to weather conditions (Hot, Cold, Windy, Dusty)
- Respirator must be worn to perform specific tasks
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- HSA Seed Money
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.