The McEwen Mining Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The Gold Bar Mine consists of an open pit mining operation, delivering ore to a crushed heap leach with solution being processed through an ADR Plant and Refinery.
To perform specifically allocated operational tasks safely and efficiently in support of ADR Operations, working according to set processes, procedures, and parameters to meet predetermined production plans and other needs of this area of work.
- Operate machinery, tools, and equipment as required in a safe manner to maintain undisrupted operations
- Inspect and check all systems and equipment daily to ensure proper operation
- Maintain accurate records as well as daily production and maintenance schedules and submit to Supervisor for their reports
- Handle reagents as required and ensure that clean-up is conducted correctly
- Execute weekly refinery and ADR clean out and pour as per schedule
- Load and unload retort, mix reagents for smelting, pour, and prep the gold for shipment
- Maintain a clean work environment free of hazards and submit work requests assisting with maintenance personnel as needed
- At least 1 year of experience working in a mining operation or similar environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of ADR, CIC and its related operations and functions
- Literate in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based systems relevant to this position
Additional Required Abilities:
- Climbing ladders/stairs, long periods of standing, walking over uneven ground
- Moderate to heavy repetitive lifting to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive motion - bending, stooping, kneeling
- PPE required, respirator must be worn to perform specific tasks
- Exposure to noise and dust
- Prolonged exposure to weather conditions (hot, cold, windy, dusty)
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.