The McEwen Mining Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The Gold Bar Mine consists of an open pit mining operation, delivering ore to a crushed heap leach with solution being processed through an ADR Plant and Refinery.
The Database Administrator will be responsible to deliver and maintain an accurate high-quality geological database ensuring best practice for QAQC in data entry, data validation, delivering consistent improvement to operating standards. The geological data can be used by both production and exploration departments for use in definition and exploration drilling programs as well as for the mineral resource estimation process.
- Utilizing Datamine Fusion software to ensure the drill hole database is up to date and accurate with required data.
- Daily importation of all assay data from analytical labs for exploration and mine site drilling into Fusion or other databases.
- Manage QA/QC on drill hole assay data and input into the database. Identifies issues to the Exploration Manager and/or Project Geologists responsible for specific projects and follows through to ensure action taken.
- Implement and apply software queries to verify and validate/import all assay data from exploration and mine site drilling.
- Completes required weekly, monthly, and quarterly and yearly reports and tracks statistics for lab submitted sample numbers for individual projects and lab turnaround times.
- Communication with analytical labs related to assay procedures and analytical issues/questions.
- Follow NI 43-101 guideline standards relating to the reporting and organization of the geological database.
- Creation of maps/graphs related to drill hole and QA/QC information for reports & presentations.
- Ensure prompt delivery of validated and error-free information to resource modeling team members.
- All other duties to assist the Nevada team.
Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Level-appropriate problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Multitasking skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Analytical Skills
- Data analysis and interpretational skills
- Time management and prioritizing skills
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.