The Gold Bar Mine is located within the Battle Mountain-Eureka-Cortez gold trend of Eureka County, Central Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1990 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. The nearest mine is Waterton Global’s Ruby Hill Mine at approximately 25 miles to the Southeast. Starting from 50 miles North and Northwest of Gold Bar is the Barrick Nevada operation, with a 2017 cumulative production of 2.3 million ounces of gold from its Cortez and Goldstrike mines.
This position reports to the Superintendent, Mine & Technical Services and works closely with the Geologists teams, and other staff to develop and update mine plans, both long-term and short-term. Executes engineering activities and to ensure service and / or operating standards are met. Designs and develops processes, practices and methodologies in engineering. Lead the execution of the strategy and ensure alignment with the organization’s long-term strategy. Initiate and undertake projects to optimize performance within engineering and to ensure adherence to industry regulations and organizational standards. This is an extremely exciting time to be joining McEwen Mining as we continue to increase production capabilities. This is an immediate opportunity for an outstanding Sr. Mine Engineer, to lead best in class mining techniques and technology on a large project.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of practical mine plans which allow for orderly development and exploitation of economically minable ore reserves
- Engineers short and long-term mine planning, project controls, cost controls, construction, geo-technical, electrical, environmental, civil, production, exploration or continuous improvement
- Investigates new mining methods, mine plans, mine processes, and mining equipment that might improve mining efficiency and cost; unit costing, bench-marking and optimization
- Designs/plans for maintaining and optimizing ground control
- Optimize grade control and minimize dilution in partnership the Ore Control through mine designs, plans and best practices.
- Provides mining operations teams with technical support in activities including surveying, blasting, rock mechanics, health and safety, ventilation, geology, equipment selection, cost and productivity improvements
- Partner in developing life of mine planning and support for operational and development activities in other areas
- Works at the operating site to develop and implement new techniques and technologies to optimize processes, while ensuring implementation of continuous improvement activities and the sharing of best practice is ongoing
- Acting as a mentor and coach to develop and support operating site and mine engineering personnel.
- Develop and make recommendations for implementation of new techniques to reduce non-value-added activities and hence remove waste.
Ideal candidate will have conducted operational and technical roles within a best in class mining organization; is experienced or well familiar with Carlin type deposit and building block models to account for ore control strategies.
- 5 or more years of related mining engineering work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering or related Engineering
- Applied experience using mine engineering technologies for mine mapping and modeling such as Mine Site and Data Mine(preferred), Vulcan-Maptek, iGantt-Minemax, Carlson Mining, BIMS, Supac-Gemcom and others, to create mine and ore models, ore optimization schedules, and mine plans
- Basic knowledge of all phases of mining and milling operations This unique position demands an experienced mining specialist, who is seeking a highly visible and influential role
- Extensive expertise of open pit (and other) mining, different products including gold, silver, copper
- A self-starter, agile and decisive, with an outstanding track record of success and the ability to champion change and lead the business to unprecedented levels of production performance
- Strong Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and AutoCAD software
- Ability to perform field work in natural and uneven terrain; walking, bending, reaching, lifting and moving gear or equipment
- Ability to work at high elevation
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.