The Gold Bar Mine is located within the Battle Mountain-Eureka-Cortez gold trend of Eureka County, Central Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1990 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. The nearest mine is Waterton Global’s Ruby Hill Mine at approximately 25 miles to the Southeast. Starting from 50 miles North and Northwest of Gold Bar is the Barrick Nevada operation, with a 2017 cumulative production of 2.3 million ounces of gold from its Cortez and Goldstrike mines.
The successful candidate will be involved with the day-to-day safe production, plant improvements, metal accounting and trouble-shooting problems within the process department. Under the supervision of the Process Manager, the incumbent undertakes assorted fundamental research and development projects with an end objective of improvement of heap-leach and plant operating and maintenance efficiency. The incumbent will introduce sound metallurgical practice to all process changes and recovery improvements and will support to the operational areas looking for more efficient process. Some of our additional job responsibilities include:
- Work closely with operations, maintenance, ore control, metallurgical/assay labs, and outside departments to ensure environmental compliance and safe functionality of plant operations.
- Possess the capabilities to manage projects through engineering, forecasting funding, construction, and commission.
- Must be a team leader with excellent communication skills and be able to provide technical assistance and analysis to process group stakeholders.
- Gold Bottle Roll Leach and Column Test
- Work Reagent Tracking Gold Shipments
- Metallurgical Reporting, Metallurgical Intern and Met Tech Supervisor
- Carbon Activity Test Work
- Metallurgical Reporting in Heap Leach Planning Meetings
- Provides technical support and leadership to the operating and maintenance teams to maximize process efficiency with a focus on safety and environmental stewardship
- Supports, promotes and takes a leadership role in an environment of participatory management and continuous improvement
- Ensures the process operates at a high level of technical performance Investigates and implements opportunities to increase competitive advantages and align them with the organization s overall strategy
- Provides a leadership role in planning, performing and directing metallurgical testing in the lab and plant
- Supports process control systems including data historian and advanced process control applications
- Provides a leadership role in budgeting, forecasting and metal accounting functions
- Supports all regulatory reporting requirements Liaison between the Mine/Geology Departments and the Process Department.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent Process-related degree required
- 5 (five) to 8 (eight) years' experience in a processing plant preferred with 3 years Heap Leach ADR experience
- Experienced with heap leach process, milling process, process control systems, preferred
- Ability to research, analyze information and draw conclusions, and take action to resolve operational, environmental issues, permit compliance and problem resolution from an operating plant status required
- Excellent leadership skills required
- Proficiency in multiple software applications and network platforms required
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to perform essential functions of position required
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.