The Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1988 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. McEwen Mining Inc. acquired the property and began active exploration in 2011. The current project consists of an open pit mining operation delivering ore to a crushed heap leach with solution being processed through an ADR plant and refinery
This position reports to the Senior Mine Engineer and works closely with the Geologists teams, and other staff to develop and update short-term Mine Plans. Executes engineering activities and to ensure service and / or operating standards are met. capabilities. This is an immediate opportunity for an outstanding Mining Engineer, to lead best in class mining techniques and technology on a large project.
Ideal candidate will have conducted operational and technical roles within a best in class mining organization; is experienced or well familiar with Carlin type deposit and building block models to account for ore control strategies.
- 0-3 years of related mining engineering work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering or related Engineering
- Applied experience using mine engineering technologies for mine mapping and modeling such as Mine Site (preferred), Vulcan-Maptek, Datamine ect.and others, to create mine and ore models, ore optimization schedules, and mine plans
- Basic knowledge of all phases of mining and milling operations This unique position demands an experienced mining specialist, who is seeking a highly visible and influential role
- A self-starter, agile and decisive, with an outstanding track record of success and the ability to champion change and lead the business to unprecedented levels of production performance
- Relocatable to Eureka County Nevada
- Strong Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and AutoCAD software
- Ability to perform field work in natural and uneven terrain; walking, bending, reaching, lifting and moving gear or equipment
- Ability to work at high elevation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of practical Short-term mine plans which meet long term goals.
- Engineers short -term mine planning, including but not limited the daily sequencing of Drilling blasting and mucking. Including Drill and Blast pattern design and sequencing, provide details tools for survey execution, Ming sequence to optimize efficiency of mining fleet and maintain crusher feed.
- Continues monitoring and tracking of Mine contractor tasks.
- Optimize grade control and minimize dilution in partnership the Ore Control through mine designs, plans and best practices. This includes performing ore control cuts and enforcing the staking in the pit.
- Provides mining operations teams with technical support in activities including surveying, blasting, rock mechanics, health and safety, heap Leach planning, cost, and productivity improvements
- Partner in developing life of mine planning and support for operational and development activities in other areas
- Works at the operating site to develop and implement new techniques and technologies to optimize processes, while ensuring implementation of continuous improvement activities and the sharing of best practice is ongoing
- Develop and make recommendations for implementation of new techniques to reduce non-value-added activities and hence remove waste.
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401 k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.