The Gold Bar Mine is located 35 miles northwest of Eureka, Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1988 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. McEwen Mining Inc. acquired the property and began active exploration in 2011. The current project consists of an open pit mining operation delivering ore to a crushed heap leach with solution being processed through an ADR plant and refinery.
The Senior Staff will support geological projects for McEwen Mining NV, Inc.
Design ore models and create geological maps to provide direction and advice concerning all aspects of ore grade control; develop grade control procedures and team communications
• Identify and model complex relationship between lithology, structure and alteration of oxidized and refractory ore zones
• Work with short- and long-term mine planning to ensure that refractory ore is segregated, and only oxidized ore placed on leach pad
• Perform pit mapping and interpret geology to generate timely geologic maps to be used with the ore control assay data, and minimize dilution
• Utilize mining software, along with basic to advanced statistical software tools, to evaluate a variety of data sets including blast hole and development drill hole assays
• Review/analyze actual mined production versus resource model reconciliation for ore tons/grade and develop factors for updating mine planning projections in future mining areas
• Review and monitor blast hole sampling methods and techniques, adjusting as needed, and assist in ore control pin flagging and blast hole sample pickup, as required
• Review, update, and maintain QA and QC protocols and ensure quality standards/goals are met
• Optimize grade control and minimize dilution in partnership with ore control through efficient mine designs, ore plans and mining/geo best practices
• Measure and monitor slope stability for mining plan and model development
• Present information to mine-site personnel on current geologic and engineering studies
• Partner in developing life of mine planning and support for operational and development activities
• Perform field technician duties such as inspections, calibrations and sampling
• Works with cross-functional departments and is part of the change-management process/team
• Accurately maintain detailed records and archives, and assist with document control
• Train and mentor ore control geologists and other mine site personnel
• Assist with internal and external audits
Bachelor’s degree in Geology (Master’s preferred)7 – 10 Years of progressive experience as a mining
geologist, to include ore control, advanced statistical analytical techniques, and using mining software
that includes 3D modeling
• Strong familiarity with complex geology of Carlin-type deposits
• Intermediate to advanced MS-Suite functional proficiency
• Proficient in Minesite and Leapfrog software
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Ability to perform field work in natural and uneven terrain; walking, bending, reaching, lifting and
moving gear or equipment, and to work/perform at high altitude elevations between 6,000 and 9,000
• Ability to lift occasionally up to 50lbs
• Climbing Ladders/Stairs
• Walking over uneven ground
• Moderate to Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Bend, stoop kneel, and stand for long periods of time
• PPE required
• Respirator must be worn to perform specific tasks
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. All benefits begin day one.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.