The Gold Bar project and future mine is located within the Battle Mountain-Eureka-Cortez gold trend of Eureka County, Central Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1990 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. The nearest mine is Waterton Global’s Ruby Hill Mine at approximately 25 miles to the Southeast. Starting from 50 miles North and Northwest of Gold Bar is the Barrick Nevada operation, with a 2017 cumulative production of 2.3 million ounces of gold from its Cortez and Goldstrike mines.
McEwen is looking for a Process Operator to join our team. Reporting to the Process Shift Supervisor, the Process Mill Operator is responsible for the following:
- Safely and efficient operation of various mill operations to include: grinding (crushing jaw and gyro), carbon-in-leach and carbon stripping
- Reagent handling and cleaning-up
- Solution balancing and sampling
- Recording and retrieval of sample data
- Proper handling of potentially hazardous chemicals
- Monitoring water and slurry flows and acid addition
- Check pumps and valves
- Make calculations and adjustments as needed to maintain flows at proper operating levels
- Inspects and checks all other components of systems and equipment regularly
- Perform other duties as assigned
- One (1) year working in a milling operation or similar environment preferred
- Experience in other phases of gold ore processing preferred
- Knowledge of high pressure/high temperature systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and work with minimum supervision required
- Ability to stay alert and recognize possible hazardous conditions required
- Proven safe work record with belief and value seen in courageous leadership model required
- Ability to be an initial team member in a growing, fast paced environment required
- Excellent attendance record required
- Climbing Ladders/Stairs
- Long periods of standing
- Walking over uneven ground
- Moderate to Heavy repetitive lifting minimum of 50 lbs.
- Repetitive motion - Bending, stooping, kneeling, and standing for long periods of time
- PPE required
- Noise Exposure
- Exposure to Dust
- Prolonged exposure to weather conditions (Hot, Cold, Windy, Dusty)
- Respirator must be worn to perform specific tasks
Mcewen Mining Nevada offers a competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision and company 401K match that is effective date of hire.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.