This role will focus provide technical and formulation expertise and assist on food projects internally and externally. Activities will include: research and develop new products (under our Stage Gate process), customer derived formulation creation, experiment design (bench top work), flavor creation, maintaining laboratory and laboratory safety, formula entry, creating instruction for the pilot lab e.g.: batching, mixing, food pilot plant processing.
- Support New Product Development deliverable initiatives
- Support food segment new product development under the Stage Gate process
- Tracking relevant information related to product development, sample development & experimental design
- Perform hand-on benchtop evaluations of Innophos products in all food applications
- Work with Marketing and Regulatory groups to deliver a portfolio of products & collaterals to introduce to food such as helping create Product Data Sheets
- Support the development of Nutrition ingredients into the food market with prototype developments, applications work and exploring new functionalities for nutrition portfolio ingredients
- Developing formulations per internal and external customer requests and customer engagement
- Optimize formulations, flavors and experimental design
- Support scale up of products, batching and optimization
- Initiate supporting QA documentation
- Customer product support and problem resolution
- Follows all environmental, health and safety protocols
- Provides support for all safety and environmental initiatives
- Proactively attempts to prevent all accidents and eliminate all unsafe conditions
- Demonstrates management’s commitment to safety
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent years of experience
- Areas of study: Food Science and Nutrition, Chemistry; Preferred: Food Science with emphasis on dairy and/or meat science
- Similar or related experience desired: 3-5 years’ experience in product development and formulation, ideally in food
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expertise related to food texture modifications, food processing, food ingredients interactions
- Excellent knowledge of food MSP, Dairy and Beverage pilot plant equipment
- Excellent knowledge of bakery mixers, ovens and DRR
- Ability to use and troubleshoot technical issues and instruments
- Aptitude to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Strong report writing skills
- Able to respond effectively to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively present information to senior management and external
- MS Office proficiency: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to lift 5-10kgs material
Innophos is a leading international producer of specialty ingredient solutions that deliver far-reaching, versatile benefits for the food, health, nutrition and industrial markets. We leverage our expertise in the science and technology of blending and formulating phosphate, mineral and botanical based ingredients for our customers.
Our people are the heart of our organization and the foundation of our success. We are driven by our core values of safety, diversity, integrity and collaboration.
Headquartered in Cranbury, New Jersey, Innophos has manufacturing operations across the United States, in Canada, Mexico and China and sells into over 70 countries.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.