About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living is a family of companies including Discovery Management Group, Discovery Development Group, Discovery Design Concepts, Discovery Realty Group, Discovery Marketing Group, and Discovery At Home, a Medicare-certified home healthcare company. With almost three decades of experience, the award-winning management group has been developing, building, marketing, and operating upscale, luxury senior-living communities across the United States. With a flourishing portfolio of more than 65 communities, Discovery Senior Living has become a recognized industry leader in creating world-class, resort-style communities.
Discovery Senior Living is looking for a Part-time Concierge to join our community at Rittenhouse Village at Lehigh Valley.
This position is for Tues, Wed, & Thurs 4p-8p, AND every other Saturday 8a-8p
Responsible for greeting guests, residents, and tours, managing both external and internal calls, taking and communicating messages, monitoring security cameras, providing information of a general nature, and assisting in the operation of the community in a variety of ways.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out telephone answering and reception duties as required.
- Takes complete messages with pertinent information and communicates messages to the intended recipient.
- Greets residents and visitors. Answers inquiries and gives directions.
- Monitors security cameras and tracks ingress and egress of certain residents.
- Assists with daily operations of the Business Office, including but not limited to organizing, scanning, sorting, alphabetizing, etc.
- Assists other Department Heads with a variety of small projects such as mailers, collating, email blasts, inviting applicants for interviews, etc.
- Maintains and keeps desk and entry area neat and organized.
- Creates and edits forms for various purposes around the community.
- Maintains adherence to all company personnel policies and established operating policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One year customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience as an administrative assistant would be a bonus.
MOST IMPORTANT QUALITIES FOR THIS POSITION
- Must be articulate and well-spoken (using proper English grammar), in both speaking and writing.
- A team player, but capable of independent problem-solving.
- Pays attention to detail
- Good at multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Interested in working with a senior population
- Dependable and reliable; always follows through on tasks
Discovery offers a rewarding career, tight-knit team, and opportunities to develop a wide variety of skills. All team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match. We also offer our Employee Assistance Program and optional accident insurance policies.
Thank you for your interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly at 610-433-9220.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Thank you for your interest in employment with Discovery Senior Living. We are an equal opportunity employer and give employment and promotional consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class as defined by local, state, or federal law. We seek applicants for employment who are qualified, dedicated, hardworking, and who seek fulfilling employment. In return, Discovery Senior Living offers competitive income, benefits and an excellent working environment.
If you are selected for employment with Discovery Senior Living, you will also be hired simultaneously by Oasis, a Paychex® Company, as you co-employer. Discovery Senior Living is your employer for the purposes of managing the day-to-day operations of the company and the employees. This includes responsibility for the worksite, scheduling of work, safety, and the direction of the individual team members in their positions. Oasis, a Paychex® Company, is the co-employer for managing the administrative portion of employment, such as benefits, payroll, and workers’ compensation insurance.
Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation with the application and/or interview process should contact the hiring manager.
Applicants are subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to the position, its duties and responsibilities. Employment is conditional based upon the results of the background check. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
Applicants in the State of Maryland; an employer may not require or demand, as a condition of employment, prospective employment or continued employment, that an individual submit to or take a lie detector or similar test. An employer who violates this law is guilty of a misdemeanor and submit to a fine not exceeding $100.
Except for applications submitted within the City of Columbia, South Carolina, applications are active for 30 days but will remain on file for one (1) year. Applications submitted within the city of Columbia, South Carolina will remain active for 30 days but on file for three (3) years.