About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living, a national award-winning developer, owner, and operator of luxury senior living communities is currently searching for Full-time, Part-time, and Per Diem Medication Care Managers to join our team at our community Rittenhouse Village at Lehigh Valley. As one of the top 20 largest senior living providers in the United States and the top 5 for growth in the world, Discovery is redefining senior living through innovation, leadership, and design. With a flourishing portfolio of more than 65 communities and plans for continued growth, Discovery Senior Living has become a recognized industry leader in creating world-class, resort-style communities.
Discovery Senior Living is looking for a Care/Medication Technician to join our community Rittenhouse Village at Lehigh Valley.
The Care Giver/Med Tech role includes providing hands on care, physical and emotional support to each resident while maintaining a safe and comfortable home-like environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for a designated group of residents during the shift; knows where their residents are and physically checks on them throughout the shift.
- Observes, reports and documents symptoms and conditions of residents for changes in condition such as skin, behavior, alertness, weight, dietary and participation in activities.
- Responds to security system and resident call bells promptly.
- Notifies supervisor and/or Health Care Coordinator if a resident has increased care needs.
- Assists with continence management and disposes of all continence products properly to ensure sanitation of resident suite and community restrooms.
- Serves and collects food trays and assists as needed; reports refusal of meals or loss of appetite.
- Maintains cleanliness of residents' rooms and work areas.
- Practices good standard care precautions of cleanliness, hygiene, and health.
- Helps residents maintain independence, promotes dignity, and physical safety of each resident.
- Actively participates/leads and assists residents with activities of daily living (i.e. bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, ambulation, transferring, eating) as instructed.
- Engages residents in life skills and other life enrichment activities.
- Greets and assists all internal and external customers, guests, family members, residents, vendors, and team members.
- Does resident laundry as assigned and needed.
Medication Tech duties:
- Reviews service plan to learn pertinent information about residents.
- Assists/observes medications and treatments for each resident using the medication observation record and the Six Rights of Medication Pass.
- Documents and initials form as medications are given including appropriate documentation for refusal or missed doses.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident information including resident medication.
- Reports all resident concerns made while assisting residents with the medication to the Nurse and/or Health Care Coordinator (HCC).
- Restocks medication cart after all medication passes.
- Assists in checking medication regardless of packaging system.
- Counts all narcotics with another Medication Care Manager or Nurse each shift.
- Maintains and cleans the Medication Room, med charts, treatment carts for neatness cleanliness, availability of medications and expired medications.
- Follows re-fill process for medications.
- Participates in the development of the Service Plan and monthly updates.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, weight, pulse, and respiration rates.
- Reports occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, sharp sticks and hazardous chemicals immediately.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Certified Nurse’s Aid certification preferred.
- High School diploma/GED REQUIRED
- Must be 18 years of age.
- CPR Certification preferred
- First Aid Certification preferred
- Previous experience working with seniors preferred.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefits package.
For full-time team members, this includes medical, dental, vision, insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. All team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match, our free Employee Assistance Program, and optional life, disability, critical illness, and accident insurance policies.
Thank you for your interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly at 610-433-9220.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Thank you for your interest in employment with Discovery Senior Living. We are an equal opportunity employer and give employment and promotional consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class as defined by local, state, or federal law. We seek applicants for employment who are qualified, dedicated, hardworking, and who seek fulfilling employment. In return, Discovery Senior Living offers competitive income, benefits and an excellent working environment.
If you are selected for employment with Discovery Senior Living, you will also be hired simultaneously by Oasis, a Paychex® Company, as you co-employer. Discovery Senior Living is your employer for the purposes of managing the day-to-day operations of the company and the employees. This includes responsibility for the worksite, scheduling of work, safety, and the direction of the individual team members in their positions. Oasis, a Paychex® Company, is the co-employer for managing the administrative portion of employment, such as benefits, payroll, and workers’ compensation insurance.
Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation with the application and/or interview process should contact the hiring manager.
Applicants are subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to the position, its duties and responsibilities. Employment is conditional based upon the results of the background check. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
Applicants in the State of Maryland; an employer may not require or demand, as a condition of employment, prospective employment or continued employment, that an individual submit to or take a lie detector or similar test. An employer who violates this law is guilty of a misdemeanor and submit to a fine not exceeding $100.
Except for applications submitted within the City of Columbia, South Carolina, applications are active for 30 days but will remain on file for one (1) year. Applications submitted within the city of Columbia, South Carolina will remain active for 30 days but on file for three (3) years.