Valdez International Corporation a major Aerospace / Defense contractor has positions available on its IAFNOS contract in Colorado Springs, CO for a Network Monitoring Analyst.
The Network Monitoring team utilizes tools such as SolarWinds, Smarts, and SCOM to monitor the network and provide proactive and reactive identification of network infrastructure problems across the enterprise. The team manages Remedy incident tickets and escalates as necessary to the appropriate internal organization for incident resolution.
The team follows and executes established Network Monitoring procedures to quickly identify and resolve network incidents which negatively impact the enterprise capabilities and reports network status to Network Operations Controllers as events unfold and track incidents to resolution.
Occasional weekend or shift work may be required.
- Monitoring sensor tools to proactively identify outages or potential problems.
- Performing routine, scheduled hardware and software checks on Infrastructure and core services which will be documented in the Master Station Log (MSL).
- Investigating out-of-normal operational performance to determine need for escalation.
- Performing regular trend analysis to identify out-of-normal performance warranting additional investigation.
- Working with the Sensor Lead to communicate the status, risk, and impact of emerging problem areas to Incident and Problem Management processes.
- Reconciling ASI reports with incidents detected on the network to avoid false positive reporting.
- Collect and document all available data on potential and actual problem areas in order to support rapid hand-off to problem management, event, or incident response teams when necessary.
- Creation of daily PowerPoint slides used for operations check briefing covering high interest items happening across the enterprise on a day-to-day basis
- Create After Action Reports as needed.
- Routine, hourly scans of all tickets submitted in Remedy across the Enterprise.
- Proper documentation/escalation of identified issues and detailed Technical Reports.
- Prioritizing trouble tickets in accordance with established guideline.
- Analysis of symptoms presented in tickets, then documenting and reporting the results.
- Answer calls and provide guidance and training on policies and procedures to team members.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance (US Citizenship required).
- Candidate must be certified in accordance with DoD 8570 IAT Level II approved baseline certifications prior to start date.
- MCSA Server 2012
- Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
Post Offer/Pre-Employment Drug Screen required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, Valdez International Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 719-600-4570
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English