Valdez International Corporation a major Aerospace / Defense contractor has positions available at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, Texas on its Air Force IAFNOS contract.
The Vulnerability Management / Patching and Vulnerability Group technician provides support to the Vulnerability Assessment & Remediation effort throughout the enterprise by performing network scans and analysis using Government-provided tools (ACAS) to augment the vulnerability management mission. Works with various functional areas to advise them on vulnerability remediation methods.
Occasional weekend or shift work may be required.
The successful candidate will have 1 to 3 years’ experience working in an enterprise (greater than 3000 users) Microsoft Windows Server Environment, and possess the following skills.
- Strong data management skills; ability to audit, format, model and analyze large data sets.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork and project management skills.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems and can articulate solutions.
- Extremely proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization (leadership briefings).
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of systems and/or applications.
- Conduct monthly vulnerability analysis on the Enterprise network for IAVM compliance and produce an IAVM compliance report.
- Use of reporting tools (Current Branch, SCCM and ARAD) to present information required by the team, in various report formats.
- Conduct analysis for network security compliance in accordance with DISA STIGs.
- Experienced in Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS).
- SharePoint knowledge.
- Active Directory knowledge.
- Networking knowledge.
- PowerShell scripting knowledge.
- Working knowledge of the Vulnerability Management System (VMS), working technical knowledge of REM.
- Trend/root cause analyst from a vulnerability management perspective, Proficient with Microsoft Access.
Have experience supporting scanning and remediation efforts in a Microsoft Windows Server Enterprise Environment.
Experience assessing, summarizing, and providing technical guidance for security directives and patches in support of Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Program.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance (US Citizenship required).
- Candidate must be certified in accordance with DoD 8570 IAT Level II approved baseline certifications prior to start date (Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, etc.).
- Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
Post Offer/Pre-Employment Drug Screen required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, Valdez International Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 719-600-4570
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English