As a Branch Manager with JMP Solutions, you will have a pivotal role in leading, managing, and mentoring a team of technical professionals within our Dallas Branch to deliver top-tier service to a geographical region and network of clients. This position is responsible for executing customer projects efficiently and effectively, managing costs and resources to budget and meet established business targets and strategic initiatives set out in the Branch and Corporate Business Plans.
At JMP, we don’t see Branches as boundaries within the company and believe it is every Leader’s duty to ensure they are viewed as an integral part of the one company entity.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- Lead and drive local business partner and client relations, plan and achieve branch targets and act as the final resource for branch client matters
- Manage a team to diligently execute customer projects (on time, on budget and in a way that delivers value to customers) and aligns with, supports and contributes to JMP’s corporate strategy and growth plans
- Support, mentor and assist employees with their career growth by providing and delivering strong leadership for the branch; direct local technical operations
- Positively represent JMP internally and externally by being committed to JMP’s Vision, Values, and Processes
- Coordinate with business development in seeking opportunities and strategic alliances
- Develop a branch business plan that aligns with, supports and contributes to JMP’s corporate goals
- Participate in business planning and visioning – determine/promote corporate goals
- Set budgets for branch targets relative to Vision/Mission and submit to Manager for approval
- Provide direction to project teams within the branch
- Align employee task assignments with career management plans
- Monitor compliance with agreed deliverables
- Ensure the quality of work is consistent and complies with standards
- Balance workload assignments to ensure targets are met and employees are engaged with proper work levels
- Manage branch production and operations
- Develop client relationships in support of the company’s sales and target account plans
- Support the pre-sale effort by providing cost estimates and proposal development support to the Business Development team
- Support the post-sale effort by maintaining good client relations, high customer satisfaction (as measured by NPS), and assisting in the discovery of ongoing opportunities
- Represent the branch in the community for promotion and to support business development activities (trade shows, open houses, career fairs, etc.)
- Sustain local business partner and client relationships
- Respond to client inquiries or requests for quotations
- Develop and mentor employees
- Identify recruiting opportunities and provide support for recruiting activities
- Be involved in hiring decisions for the office
- Monitor health and safety compliance
- Drive Performance Management initiatives for direct reports
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in Engineering from a recognized engineering faculty or equivalent qualification preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a technical and/or project management role
- Preferred experienced in the semiconductor and/or food and beverage industries
- Strong Leadership Skills, ability to coach and mentor employees, drive team performance
- Strong technical and project management skills
- Ability to overcome challenges and handle complex situations
- Well-rounded skill set (interpersonal, people, business, technology, etc.)
- Industry, application, and technical knowledge
- Thorough understanding of the local business climate
- Able to achieve business plan goals and effectively communicate the company’s strategies
- Delivers consistent feedback in a fair and positive manner
- Excellent listening and communication skills
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
We are CFE Media’s 2nd fastest growing Systems Integrator in the world on the 2019 System Integrator Giants list, certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2019 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2019 and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified.
Who is the Dallas Team?
Our team is available to support 24/7. We are flexible to meet customer needs and we strive to provide the best customer service and experience. We have many years of experience from controls design to project execution. Our team is excited to serve our customers and always welcome new and challenging projects. Our team expertise includes Controls Design, Programming, Project Management, Controls techs (for the installation), and Startup. We support several PLC hardware platforms such as Rockwell, Siemens, GE, and Schneider/Modicon. We also support several HMI and SCADA platforms such as Panelview, Factory Talk SE, Wonderware, Proficy iFIX, Cimplicity, and Ignition.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
- Employee, Calgary Office
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
How do you apply?
Interested candidates, please apply online. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.