The Chief Financial Officer is accountable to the Corporate Treasurer for the overall financial and accounting functions of Fiore & Sons, Inc. and related property development entities to include the creation and implementation of financial and operational strategies and related metrics. This position develops and oversees financial and accounting systems and processes, budget planning, financial forecasting, investment opportunities, corporate taxes, and the ongoing monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and accurate financial results and reporting.
$140,000 TO $195,000
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the Executive Leadership Team and assist in developing the company's future direction and supporting strategic initiatives.
- Plays a key role in business planning, including establishing annual company revenue and profitability goals. Complete analysis of financial results and develop recommendations (strategic and tactical)
- Establishes financial and accounting policies and execute “best practices” that will expand to investment opportunities, financial forecast, taxes, internal controls, banking, bonding, budgeting, and risk management.
- Oversees and assist Controller with the daily accounting and payroll functions including financial reports, general ledger entries, accounts payable and accounts receivables processes.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the accounting/PR team, actively works to promote and recognize performance, identifies problem areas and takes corrective actions.
- Reviews and monitors the Company's financial position and oversees the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
- Implement internal systems to support financial and business operations consistent with the Company's growth and reporting requirements.
- Directs and coordinates the implementation and maintenance of the annual budget process and obtains active participation from department heads as appropriate.
- Audit third parties accounting or finance functions that may have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems and processes and their compliance with regulatory compliance and GAAP guidelines.
- Manages Fiore real state entities accounting and financing including lease agreements with multiple tenants
- Serves in the 401K Committee.
- Collaborates with the HR department on employee benefit program.
- Assists Treasurer with the procurement and maintenance of liability insurance with adequate limits to assure Company assets are safeguarded from potential exposure.
- Assist managing subcontractor pre-qualification process including reviewing insurance policies are meeting contractual obligations, endorsements and limits.
- Manage financing agreements with selected lenders and monitor compatibility of debt vs equity financing and securing cash flow to fund operational needs.
- Work with third party Accounting/Auditing vendors to prepare tax returns, process reviews, audits, and any other required tasks.
- Visible and effective leader that brings solutions to business challenges.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with understanding of financial data.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret economic conditions and anticipate the impact on the Company and or construction industry.
- Understanding in Construction Industry and/or Real Estate accounting.
- Verifiable leadership skills serving in an Executive Leadership Team.
- Ability to mentor, manage, and supervise employees.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of forecasting and financial reporting tools and software programs.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel Sheets and able to write reports.
- Thorough understanding of Corporate ERP systems such as Vista Viewpoint or similar.
- Must have excellent work habits, willing to work the hours necessary to get the job done when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Discretion in handling financial, payroll, project and confidential information.
- High ethical conduct and professional values.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
- Required: Master's degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration,10+ years of progressively responsible experience in Construction Contracting and 3+ years in a Senior Finance/Accounting role.
- Desired: Senior Construction Executive Experience with one or more of the following designations: Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional, Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant. Moderate to advance experience with Vista/ViewPoint, B2W Track or similar Construction focused ERP and Field Tracking Software a plus.
This Positions Supervises the Accounting and PR Department and Possibly others DOE.
This position requires the ability to communicate in English with co-workers, customers and the general public.
This job requires the ability to do math equations and summaries for reviewing and reporting statistical, forecasting, and budgetary information.
MS Office a must! Vista ViewPoint, Crystal Reporting, Sql Server Reporting Services, Heavy Job/B2W Field Management and/or Haul IT desired
Primary functions require the physical ability and mobility to work in an office and stand or sit for prolonged periods of time. Occasional bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry or push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of Weight not to exceed 25 pounds. The position requires the operation of office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Office environment in office setting.
We Offer an Outstanding Benefit Package:
- Health & Dental– 100% Employer paid premiums for employee,spouse and dependents.
- Voluntary Vision Plan-Optional
- FSA Accounts - Optional
- HSA Account - Optional with HDHP
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match contributions up to 3%.
- $100 Monthly Employer paid Short Term Disability - Additional Voluntary Employee deductions to cover up to 60% of Weekly Wages - Optional.
- Executive Long term Disability
- 25,000.00 Employer paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance-- Additional Voluntary deductions up to 5 times Annual Wages - Optional
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Applicants that require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should contact Human Resources at 303-429-8893.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English