Reports to: Construction Technology Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Salaried-Exempt
Normal Working Hours – Office Hours: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday
The VDC Specialist will be responsible for leading the implementation and utilization of VDC/BIM technology and processes on various construction projects. They will be responsible for collaborating with different business units of the company and providing assistance using VDC. They will be responsible for fostering growth to the department and ultimately to the company through creative thinking and innovation.
- Lead the process of MEP coordination on multiple construction projects by working closely with Joeris outsourcing partners
- Working with Joeris outsourcing partners to create, develop, manage and maintain 3D BIM models in Revit
- Work with project teams to develop and implement VDC and BIM methodologies
- Educate project teams and clients about the benefits of Virtual Design and Construction
- Provide advice and direction on projects where technologies can be used
- Helping to develop VDC/BIM strategies and its implementation plan for the company
- Scheduling and conducting kick off meetings and coordination meetings
- Providing training to the project teams on using BIM Glue
- Working with the preconstruction teams to develop simulations, logistics plans, and constructability reports
- Using Virtual Reality with software like Enscape to conduct VR tour/experience for customers
- Using Laser Scanning for reality capture of existing conditions on projects as required
- Helping the estimators with model-based cost estimation using Assemble. Provide training as needed
- Being available to fly drones on the projects as needed
- Assisting marketing team by providing renderings, animations and videos as requested
- Piloting new technologies that improves the VDC/BIM processes and services
- 2+ years of experience in BIM coordination
- Bachelor’s degree in construction-related field
- Course work or experience with BIM emphasis
- Required proficiency with Revit, Navisworks, and AutoCAD
- Experience in project management and team management
- Experience with Enscape and Oculus Rift
- Complete understanding of BIM coordination process with experience of BIM Glue
- Experience with laser scanners and software like Autodesk Recap
- FAA certified to fly drones is a plus
- Knowledge of Assemble and Sketchup is a plus
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read drawings, specifications, building codes, and other technical product and material specifications
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status or physical or mental disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. This also includes a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including Superintendents, Managers, and co-workers.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.