Big-D has an opportunity for an experienced Sr. Superintendent to join our team of construction professionals based in Salt Lake City, UT. This position is responsible for providing overall on-site leadership for the project team including supervision, schedule and financial management, Subcontractor relations, and other related activities. Looking for polished individuals who can interface with our clients whether in meetings or day-to-day.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Manage safety, quality, schedule, production, logistics and coordination
- Represents the company in meetings and interfaces with all project stakeholders
- Coordinates and directs all subcontractor and vendors
- Works with the project team to establish goals and develop accountability
- Assumes responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project
- Works closely with city officials in requesting and coordinating applicable inspections, including starting dialogue with officials from day one
- Verifies to ensure subcontractor completes the assigned scope of work
- Seeks to learn changes in the industry
- 10-15 years of related experience working on commercial construction projects as a Superintendent
- Steady job history. Reasons for leaving will be discussed.
- Project expereince size must be $50M+ as the main Superintendent
- Possess strong computer skills; proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, Procore, P6 (Primavera 6)
- Ability to effectively lead and manage teams.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with project team, customers, subcontractors, vendors, inspectors, and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction practices, procedures, and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, budget, change orders, safety standards, plans specifications, shop drawings, blue prints, submittals, manufacturer’s literature, contract documents and specifications, and CPM schedules.
- Understand construction scheduling and sequencing, and cost control.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in the workplace.
- Thorough and attentive to details; extremely organized and able to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- 100% Medical & Dental premiums paid for
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Employer Contribution
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- 401k with match
- Life Insurance & Disability paid for
- Supplemental Benefits available
- Company Vehicle, Phone, and computer
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English