The Proposal Coordinator play’s a key role in the company’s marketing and business development efforts. You will get to work both independently and collaboratively to create high quality marketing materials including production and assembly of proposals, qualification packages, collateral, organization and maintenance of marketing materials, and coordination of other typical marketing-related initiatives.
The successful candidate is a detail-oriented, highly motivated, creative thinker with some graphic design skills, committed to working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. They must have experience with RFP/RFQs in order to successfully assemble proposals for submission.
Join a great team with an outstanding leader and start growing with Big-D Construction.
Summary of Key Skills
Excellent written and spoken communication, time management, social awareness, attention to detail, critical and analytical thinking, and problem solving.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Use Adobe InDesign to create high quality marketing materials, including proposals, qualification packages, case studies, award submittals, leave behinds, and collateral.
- Manage the proposal development process from beginning to end, specifically tailoring materials according to each RFP/RFQ's requirements.
- Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval, entering and monitoring data, coordinating requirements with contributors, communicating proposal status information at review meetings, desktop publishing and producing proposals.
- Responsible for timeliness and quality control for all proposals delivered.
- Edit documents for grammar, style, and content. Strong written and editorial skills required.
- Work with existing templates and rough draft material and convert the data into high-impact content to strengthen the quality of the proposal.
- Coordinate design, production, and shipment of final documents.
- Create graphics, charts, and/or diagrams when necessary
- Assist in the preparation of short-list interview presentations.
- Coordinate and assist in the implementation and maintenance of various marketing databases and collateral (Clients/Contacts, Projects and Resumes).
- Assist with day-to-day marketing department tasks and functions.
- Produce additional marketing communications such as flyers, brochures, and exhibition-related projects.
- Assemble, coordinate and maintain content for website and social media
- Manage and/or assist with event planning for firm-wide or small group events
- Provide general administrative support as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience producing proposals in the A/E/C industry, which includes RFPs and RFQs; knowledge of industry-standard forms preferred
- Experience producing marketing support materials, independently as well as within a team, for both print and electronic formats
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and remain cool under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to self-manage project assignments efficiently from start to finish and with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with social media and email campaigns preferred
- Computer skills in InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and MS Office (especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) required
- Some experience in building and maintaining a marketing database; familiarity with CRM programs a plus
- Some experience managing website content preferred
- Big-D Pays for 100% of your medical and dental insurance premiums- even for family plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with monthly Employer Contribution
- 401k w/ match
- Life Insurance & Disability paid for by Big-D
- Voluntary supplemental plans
- PTO & Holidays
Note: Although this position requires some graphic design ability, this is not a full-time graphic design position.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English