Find your career with Farmers Coop Society today! We are a progressive coop in a growing industry, committed to providing the highest level of service to customers.
We strive to promote from within and offer a range of great career opportunities. You’ll enjoy doing rewarding work, receiving competitive compensation, and excellent benefit packages.
When you join Farmers Coop Society, you’ll be joining a cooperative that has been proudly farmer owned since 1907.
Overall Job Function:
The feed truck driver is responsible for the delivery of bulk and sacked feed in a timely manner; all while striving to meet the demands of the customer
Essential Job Functions:
- Attend all scheduled FCS and feed department safety meetings.
- Follow all FCS standard operating procedures (SOP’s Weigh each order or load as applicable – check production variances as listed in SOP’s.
- Report intolerant weights of loads to feed mill manager.
- Complete daily and turn in truck delivery record (QF-031) to feed mill manager.
- Utilize GPS navigator on every load.
- Sample every load of feed, write work order and date on each sample bag.
- Verify all order details before final delivery, including but not limited to; 911 address and bin numbers.
- Assure order is NOT delivered until verification of correct details.
- Clean truck interior and exterior as needed; wash exterior only when time permits.
- Obey all traffic laws – speed and safety violations will be the driver’s responsibility (not weight violations).
- Understand DOT placarding and DOT hazardous rules
- Ability to operate and understand mobile equipment
- Possess mechanical skills to perform minor maintenance tasks on equipment and property
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally
- High level of customer service focus.
- Supports a consistent professional image of the company.
- Observes safety policy and procedure as an absolute.
- Attitude of positivity and reacts calmly under pressure.
- Work ethic of the highest integrity.
- Commitment to dependability and willingness to work to meet goals and deadlines.
- Effectively solve problems of feed department.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent level of experience.
- CDL license as applicable to truck.
This position is based in a fast paced agricultural setting and is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and vibrations. The employees is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate to loud. PPE will be provided and must be utilized according to safety standards. Typical working hours are based on customer and organizational demand; hours may be long, irregular and including weekends and holidays during peak season.
While performing job functions the employee will be required to talk and hear most of the time. The employee will spend frequent intervals moving and sitting, while also needing to reach, bend, twist, crawl, crouch, stoop or kneel. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 75 pounds frequently and maneuver on and off a mobile equipment. The physicality of this job is high.
- 401k Company matches 50% up to 10%
- Vacation & Paid Holidays after 30 days of employment
- Company bonus incentive
- Excellent health insurance plans
- Dental & Vision available
- Short & Long Term Disability provided at no cost to you
- Life Insurance
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Clothing Allowance
- 10% Discount on purchases at the How-To Building Center
*FCS job descriptions are a representation of a job requirements knowledge, skills and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. After reading the contents of this job description, I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this description for my records. I realize this document is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position; however, Farmers Cooperative Society reserves the right to revise, add or eliminate job functions and duties as conditions warrant. I also understand that I may be required to work overtime, different shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek to achieve the company’s goals. I further understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment, nor alter my status as an “at-will” employee.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.