- Grand Prairie, TX 75052
- Fort Worth, TX 76112
- Plano, TX 75075
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential” through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Property Maintenance Worker - DFW
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
Rate of Pay: $19.00 hourly
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of grounds, apartments, office facility and equipment for multiple communities in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Performs a variety of work activities in the maintenance of the grounds at apartment locations. In addition, minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and painting as needed to assist in getting units ready for rent. Keeps work log and work orders for specific site requirements. Maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites.
- Performs repair and service work on air conditioners including complete removal and possible
- Performs minor repairs to the electrical systems both inside and outside of units (e.g., breakers, outlets, switches, disposals, interior and exterior lighting systems, etc.)
- Performs an extensive range of repairs on the plumbing systems.
- Performs repairs related to the structure to include: carpentry- door repairs and replacements; exterior deck repairs; hardwood flooring; tile work,
- Performs work on roofing, gutters, shingles and downspouts.
- Performs interior and exterior painting to include preparations of drywall and siding and staining and finishing of exterior and interior wood surfaces.
- Repairs and replaces windows, screens and doors as needed.
- Performs the approved maintenance procedures for each property.
- Completes all forms, work orders and related paper work in a timely and professional manner.
- Works independently by driving unassisted to and from job assignment sites in a safe, professional and timely manner.
- Daily/weekly tasks include maintaining logbook of daily accomplishments completion of forms for work done on “move outs”, work orders and preventive maintenance/routine maintenance.
- Organizes and maintains maintenance shop with tools and materials for daily tasks.
- Prepares housing units for new incoming occupants.
- Re-keys and replaces locks, doorknobs, and dead bolts.
- Schedules daily workload.
- Incumbent must practice safe working habits including but not limited to using lift belts to prevent back injuries, protective eye covers and gloves where appropriate to prevent personal injury.
- Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities cost, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc.
- Promotes an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and is in alignment with the organizational vision.
- Attends all required meetings and trainings.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
- Performs other duties and special assignments as directed.
A high school diploma or equivalent plus one year of relevant experience working in the maintenance field OR a high school diploma or equivalent plus a certificate from a maintenance trade/vocational school OR equivalent years of relevant work experience.
Valid Texas Drivers’ License, clear MVR and ability to be insured.
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.