- Charlotte, NC 28206
- Gaffney, SC 29340
Under the direction of the Project Engineer, the Field Engineer will track quantities and cost, participate in work plan development, assist in the coordination between engineering and construction activities, and assist with contract management.
- Completes paperwork needed for the billing
- Responsible for checking and tracking quantities (cost control quantities)
- Responsible for locating utilities; maintaining logs and assuring all tickets are current
- Responsible to archiving and recording all correspondence regarding the project
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience directly related to asphalt is a plus
- Grading and survey experience is a plus
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Field Engineer.
- A Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Civil Engineering or Construction Management (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years as of experience as a Construction Scheduling Engineer or in a Project Controls position is required, with an emphasis on asphalt, roads, highways, and bridges preferred.
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in civil engineering.
- Proficient PC skills including a proficiency in various software used such as Excel, Primavera, and SAP.
- Familiarity with construction industry practices is required. Must be able to understand communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Field Engineer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit and/or stand during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
- Employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 25 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Continuous mental attention required to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
- Exposure to dust, dirt grease and noise.
- Work can be performed at heights up to 60 feet, requiring the employee to climb ladders, scaffolds and stair towers, often with narrow steps and passageways.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground and slopes in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, based on project need(s) and demand(s).
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Field Engineer encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English