- Littleton, CO 80125
- Colorado Springs, CO 80917
Lawrence Construction Company (an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer) is seeking motivated Heavy Equipment Blade Operator to start work!
• STARTING PAY $27.00 per hour
• 401K WITH 5% COMPANY MATCH
• FULL HEALTH, DENTAL, VISION BENEFITS WITH COMPANY-PAID PREMIUMS (For you and your dependents)
• COMPANY-PROVIDED LIFE INSURANCE
• 96 YEARS OF SUCCESS AND INNOVATION
Lawrence Construction Company is a family-owned heavy civil construction company with nine decades of innovation and experience. We specialize in heavy highway bridge and roadway construction, design/build engineering and construction, and heavy civil construction.
With headquarters in Littleton Colorado, Lawrence Construction’s heavy civil construction services have been recognized for their consistent standard of excellence throughout the construction industry. As one of the founding members of the Colorado Contractor's Association, we pride ourselves on our old-fashioned craftsmanship and commitment to producing quality projects. The foundation of our business, which has been passed down from generation to generation is: "Do It Right the First Time."
Lawrence Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking a Heavy Equipment Blade Operator to join our Littleton Team!
- Operates power driven machines and equipment performing the following duties. Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives written or oral instructions from supervisor regarding material to move or excavate.
- Pushes levers and depresses pedals to move and operate machine to meet the goals of construction activity.
- Observes markings on ground, hand signals, or grade stakes to remove and place material, when operating machine.
- Inspects, cleans, maintains, and lubricates equipment.
- Participate and complete training in operation of new equipment.
- Read project plans and operate equipment accordingly.
- Other duties may be assigned.
• Proficient with construction blade operations
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
• Ability to safely operate heavy construction equipment
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively co-works, crews, subcontractors, and supervisors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts, ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Competitive Hourly Wage with Opportunities for Increase (DOE)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance for Employee and Family with 100% of the premiums paid by the Employer
- 401k with company match up to 5%
- Employer provided life insurance.
- Training and development programs.
Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English