The Rasmussen Group is an Iowa-based company with over a century of heavy construction experience and expertise. Based in Des Moines, Iowa, The Rasmussen Group represents a variety of multi-faceted design-build heavy construction companies. With companies specializing in bridge construction, marine contracts, concrete and asphalt supply, paving, heavy hauling, dump trucks, crane operations, and fabricating steel, The Rasmussen Group can provide excellent, complete customer service with one phone call. Our diversified experience across many collaborating construction fields ensures for an on-time, safe, professional build that will keep your project on budget and provide for its successful completion.
As our companies continue to grow, new opportunites become available. We are currently see8king a Claims Manager to join our team in Des Moines, Iowa.
The Claims Coordinator’s role is responsible for the administration of Rasmussen’s claims management program. In this role, the Claims Coordinator coordinates & manages all lines of claims, including: Auto, General Liability, Workers’ Compensation and other claims with the goal of reducing claim cost and duration. The Claims Coordinator works closely with company management, as well as the company’s Broker, Insurance Company, Third Party Administrator (TPA) and others to manage this process. In addition, the Claims Coordinator analyzes claim trends and develops statistics and other financial data as required by Company Management.
• Working knowledge of property casualty insurance and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
• Working experience in standard claims processing of workers’ compensation, general liability, and auto claims.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
• The ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, to attain team and company goals.
• Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
• The ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, calculators, copiers, telephones, fax machines, etc.
• Working knowledge of various software packages such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and the ability to effectively use the internet/intranet.
• The ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
• The ability to keep current on industry trends and develop relationships with contacts within the industry.
• The ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary, assist in other work-related duties as necessary, and travel as needed.
• The capability of exercising discretion in confidential matters and using independent judgment.
• Team member of the Safety/Risk Department charged with root cause investigation, insurance submission, negotiation and resolution of workers compensation, general liability and automobile liability claims.
• Negotiates claims settlement for different types of claims made against the company.
• Works closely with the other Safety/Risk Management Department members to ensure development and compliance of the company Safety, Education and Training Programs.
• Takes a leadership role in operations communication regarding claims and necessary training relating to claims history.
• Participates in field audits of employees and equipment to ensure proper training of all safety policies and work procedures to support a culture of safe work within all The Rasmussen Group.
• Works closely with safety personnel and other management members responsible for the development and compliance of the company Safety Programs.
• Assists the family of companies are in compliance with OSHA and DOT Regulations and applicable ANSI Standards.
• Stays engaged with workforce by making regular crew visits usually with safety personnel.
• Sets a good example and promotes the safety culture.
• Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor s Degree or an equivalent combination of demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education.
• Minimum of three years experience in adjusting insurance claims in either Workers Compensation, General Liability or Automobile Liability.
• Possess above average claims investigation skills. Intermediate/Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft s Suite of Office Products.
• Possess a valid Driver’s License
• Ability to travel on a regular and consistent basis, sometimes without notice (minimum of 25%)
• Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills as well as strong presentation skills.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
• Certification in a recognized insurance program such as CPCU or Claims Law Associate or documented work toward the designation.
• Solid understanding of Contract Law.
• Advanced analytical skills.
• General Understanding of Accounting Principles and Financial Analysis.
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
• 'Dress for Your Day' Clothing Policy. Casual dress M-F which includes jeans!
• Competitive pay & great benefits including PTO, medical, dental, vision, wellness plan, education assistance, volunteer opportunities...just to name a few!
• Wellness Program & Wellness Reimbursement
• ESOP - A retirement plan completely funded by the company!
• Team Thursdays - An office wide team building event that occurs throughout the year.
• Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership.
Pre-employment drug test and background check are a condition of employment.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.