Kirlin Florida, LLC originally opened in 1982. Supported by an exceptional management team, Kirlin Florida, LLC today has expanded geographically to almost every major region in the state of Florida. With offices located in Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Tampa, it is capable of building virtually any type of project. We offer extensive experience in building commercial, research, institutional, environmental, governmental, pharmaceutical, industrial, aviation, health care and sports facilities. Kirlin Florida features one of the largest fabrication facilities in the state.
We are currently seeking for a Assistant Project Manager to join the Kirlin Florida team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Project Manager assists the Project Manager in planning and carrying out policies relating to the management of construction projects by performing the duties:
- Technical Knowledge: Must make continuous efforts to keep abreast of technological advances in the industry.
- Project Labor Management: Working closely with the fore-person, know and understand and manage cost through use of company established policies; make reasonable efforts to meet goals for minority and female employees.
- Bid Jobs: Know how to take off and price labor and material during the bid process, and can define the scope of work.
- Requisition Process: Understand and prepare schedule of values; know procedures for billing and collecting moneys due.
- Project Close-Out: Submit O&M manuals, valve tag charts, as build drawings, lien releases, commission reports, test and balance reports, warrant letters and any other contractual or company policy documentation. Ensure punch lists are completed in a timely manner.
- Safety and Security: Understand and enforce safety and drug testing requirements and procedures. Plus, obtain OSHA certification.
- Customer Service: Serve as the company representative when dealing with the owner, general contractor, vendor and internal customers.
- Profit Management: Understand and apply procedures to increase or maintain profit levels established by management.
- Cash Flow: Understand and apply procedures to ensure positive cash flow throughout the term of the project.
- Communications: Clearly articulate concepts and directions, both orally and in writing.
- Follow Company Policy: Adhere to all company policies and procedures with particular attention paid to items that affect other employees.
- Team Player: Help, support and communicate with all company employees. Maintain a positive attitude and "sell" the company at every opportunity.
- Able to Buy: Maintain a list of vendors/suppliers meeting EEOC requirements, develop scope of work and buy items at the cheapest price for the specified product
- Education and/or Experience: Degree in engineering, building construction or field experience with at some hands on experience. Experience is preferred in mechanical contracting/engineering. Must have, or obtain, OSHA certification.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents - including blue prints. Ability to write, plan, coordinate and make presentations to individuals and/or groups using innovative techniques.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of problems. Ability to define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make sound recommendations.
- Automation Skills: Must be familiar with MS Office (Word and Excel) and be capable of preparing spreadsheets and data bases to monitor the project.The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to stand, climb, walk, sit, talk, hear and see. Routine operations may require standing for hours at a time, climbing ladders and stairs, sitting for completion of required paperwork, communication of ideas and direction and to hear and see what is said ad what occurs at the site and at on and off site meetings.
- Ability to lift. May often have to lift at least 75 pounds.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Tuition Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English