Founded in 1976, Ceres Environmental Services, Inc. is a contracting firm specializing in heavy infrastructure construction development; disaster recovery operations; environmental remediation and materials recycling; as well as demolition/deconstruction across the United States.
Ceres currently holds more than 230 contracts with cities, counties and U.S. states and has completed thousands of contracts over the last 40 years.
We seek, reward and retain honest, intelligent, driven teammates regularly able to put our client’s interests first.
Ceres Environmental Services, Inc. has a rare opening for a Shop Administrator based in our new Northwest Houston shop.
The Shop Administrator will oversee the administrative details for a standalone $10 million equipment division. The division has 30+ full-time employees; a fleet of 1,025+ (excluding attachments) pieces of heavy earthmoving, materials processing equipment and commercial trucks/trailers worth approximately $200 million in replacement value.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Data entry and log keeping in our Equipment Manager Plus software program
- Organizing and working to ensure the Preventative Maintenance program’s success
- Organizing and maintaining of the parts inventory
- Coordinating with mechanics to: execute the PM program as well as handling equipment hours, work orders, oil samples and the sourcing and delivery of parts
- Supporting the Equipment Director with Supply Chain projects, reports, spreadsheets, data analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Three to five years of experience working with planning, scheduling, procurement, preventative maintenance ideally with heavy equipment
- Excellent organizational skills self-motivation to complete routine tasks
- Consistently detail-oriented and customer-focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well with others
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Able to multi-task with many interruptions throughout the day
- Basic mathematical skills, including a strong eye for detail
- Able to work the required shift hours/days
- Reliable transportation to get to and from work and a valid driver's license
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, and 401K
Ceres Environmental is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. The above statements are subject to change at any time during employment. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, (800) 218-4424 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English