STRATA has provided our clients with professional geotechnical engineering, construction inspection, and material testing (CMT) services throughout the intermountain west for over 40 years. Currently, STRATA has offices in Boise, Coeur d’Alene, Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, and Pocatello, Idaho; Tri-Cities and Spokane, Washington; Casper and Gillette, Wyoming; and Williston, North Dakota. At STRATA, we enhance the quality of life within our communities by providing solutions as a team of proud professionals.
A Staff Engineer is responsible for the successful completion of project tasks at the direction of a project manager to accomplish the following:
- Perform fieldwork as necessary.
- Establish, perform and/or coordinate appropriate laboratory testing to meet project needs.
- Interpret data and incorporate subsurface conditions into project analyses and recommendations.
- Communicate accurately and in a timely manner, both written and verbally, with co-workers and other staff.
- Assist in the preparation of deliverables and correspondence, including geotechnical analyses and calculations.
- Assist in the development of proposals and reports.
Professional Qualifications & Requirements
- BS in Civil Engineering, MS in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- 0-2 years’ progressive experience in the field of geotechnical engineering.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam and registration/certification as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT).
- Experience and familiarity with geotechnical software.
- Proficiency using personal computer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Adherence to STRATA’s drug and alcohol policy
Candidates will be proactive, use a team approach to problem solving, have excellent written & verbal communication skills, operate a basic computer and be client service orientated. Applicants must be willing to represent STRATA in a professional manner at all times and maintain a high level of personal integrity. Must be willing to travel to remote project locations, as needed.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cafeteria Flex Benefit Plan
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.