Discovery Senior Living, a national award-winning developer, owner and operator of senior living communities is currently searching for an Executive Director to join our team at our community Conservatory at Plano. Ranked as one of the top 20 largest senior living providers in the United States and the top 5 for growth in the world, Discovery is redefining senior living through innovation, leadership and design. As a result, the company currently has a flourishing portfolio of more than 8,500 homes with plans for continued growth.
About the Opportunity:
Does working for the leader in the Senior Housing industry sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? Discovery Senior Living offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own careers. You'll be working with incredible individuals with boundless creativity.
- Responsible for the operation and management of the community in accordance with the standards and guidelines of the Owners/Board of Directors, Discovery Management Group, and federal/state/local laws and regulations.
- Communicates and models a clear, customer focused vision, based upon a resident centered model of care.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and build relationships within the local area that drives businesses into the community, as well as effectively price the product, thereby maximizing top-line revenue growth and achieves appropriate market position.
- Ensures the community has an effective external business development strategy in place, with clear accountabilities assigned, is able to articulate results and adjust plan accordingly to maximize referral leads and move-ins.
- Develops a thorough working knowledge of state regulations, policies and procedures dictated for residents; ensures compliance.
- Ensures all resident administrative files are well maintained, current and in compliance with state regulations.
- Meets the financial targets with the goal to maximize capital partners’ return.
- Functional knowledge of all operating programs including memory care, clinical, dining and social programs.
- Prepares, adheres to the community budget.
- Ensures budgeted revenue is achieved or exceeded by maximizing occupancy and room rate.
- Reviews monthly financial statements, implements plans of action for deficiencies.
- Manages key, non-labor operating costs in line with budgeted levels.
- Processes and submits monthly expenses and budget data timely per policies and internal business controls.
- Meets NOI and occupancy expectations.
- Oversees all departments, maintaining full responsibility for efficient operations and compliance with the financial goals established in the approved Operating Budget.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Hospitality, Hospital Administration, or Health related field.
- Minimum of three years of managerial experience preferably in the senior living, health care or hospitality industries.
- Previous management experience including hiring, coaching, performance management, daily operations supervision and discipline.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- Demonstration of success in managing operating expenses.
- Administrator License/certification
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Thank you for your interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Thank you for your interest in employment with Discovery Senior Living. We are an equal opportunity employer and give employment and promotional consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class as defined by local, state, or federal law. We seek applicants for employment who are qualified, dedicated, hardworking, and who seek fulfilling employment. In return, Discovery Senior Living offers competitive income, benefits and an excellent working environment.
If you are selected for employment with Discovery Senior Living, you will also be hired simultaneously by Oasis, a Paychex Company, as you co-employer. Discovery Senior Living is your employer for the purposes of managing the day-to-day operations of the company and the employees. This includes responsibility for the worksite, scheduling of work, safety, and the direction of the individual team members in their positions. Oasis, a Paychex Company is the co-employer for managing the administrative portion of employment, such as benefits, payroll, and workers’ compensation insurance.
Applicants are subject to a background check. Employment is conditional based upon the results of the background check.
Applications are active for 30 days, but remain on file for one year.