- Eden Prairie, MN 55347
- Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Eden Prairie, MN 55346
- Chanhassen, MN 55317
Position: Sales Application Engineer II
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
MRA partners with companies; working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company. We are not an agency recruiter or staffing firm. This is a fully benefited direct-hire career opportunity.
Are you seeking a challenging opportunity utilizing your sales and RFQ skills to accurately look at intricate projects as a whole and effectively quote projects for customers? You will be leading the successful procurement and quoting of business that will go into deepwater drilling projects to outer space and everything in between.
The company is an employee-owned company that engineers and manufactures components: new custom stators, rotors, and existing motors and generators that travel to the moon, drill below sea-level, reaching speeds over 200 mph around a track, and handle life-critical functions in an operating room. If this sounds exciting, we may have the perfect opportunity for you to join our growing team.
Sales Application Engineer II - Position Overview
- Develop new customers by following up on leads derived from advertising, trade shows, referrals, trade journal, and social media through the Sales Manager or Sales Representatives.
- Presenting the company’s services in a manner that best suits the customers’ needs.
- Preparing quotes that detail the quality services offered by the company, and specify delivery dates and times.
- Costing for product and tooling, engineering specifications and deviations other quality requirements (e.g. traceability of materials, certifications, etc.).
- Assist in the development of a robust project management plan with Program Managers for selected new accounts that will require coordination between outside sales (including Mfg Reps), engineering, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, and the customer.
- Ensure excellent service and quality at competitive prices to customers.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education on new programs, submit timely written proposals to our Sales Managers and Sales Representatives, and follow up with after sales support
- Serve as key pre-sale technical contact for customer accounts as assigned by the Manager.
- Maintain, develop, and report on all relevant quote management information weekly for Technical Sales Manager to review.
- Improve various sales processes for speedy responses and accuracy of production and material costs. This includes, but is not limited to, the quote process, technical reviews, and the project management processes.
- Work closely with Program Managers and Engineering to transition knowledge obtained during the quoting process relevant to proper build.
- 4-year technical degree required.
- Engineering degree related to Manufacturing preferred.
- Technical product manufacturing experience required.
- 2 – 5 years’ technical sales experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Strong independent decision making and analytical abilities to make on the spot decisions within guidelines directed by Manager.
- Strong detail orientation and listening skills to properly prepare sales quotes.
- Must exhibit a curious, positive, team-oriented, enthusiastic approach.
- A great work ethic and willingness to ethically do what needs to be done.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word®, Excel®, Power Point®, Outlook®.
- Experience with CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) and Syspro® software preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project® or similar software preferred.
If you would like to talk about this opportunity confidentially please feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com. We understand the needs of candidates who desire discretion in the handling of their candidacy.
We Make it Easy
- Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
- You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employers association serving over 4,000 companies throughout the upper Midwest.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.