Moran Environmental Recovery, LLC (MER) is an integrated environmental company specialized in providing services to Energy and Industrial, Commercial and Naval Marine, Railroad and Government clients. With operations based in strategically located resource centers along the United States eastern and gulf coasts, the services we perform range in scope from routine maintenance work, utilizing vacuum trucks and high-pressure washing equipment to large-scale site remediation and abatement. Our core competencies involve specialized risk management tools and are performed in strict compliance with complex regulatory requirements. We provide these services using in-house resources, enabling exceptional quality control enjoyed by few companies in our industry.
The Project Accountant (“PA”) is a support position established to assist regional Project Managers (“PM”) in the delivery of personalized service to our “Key” accounts. The PA assists in the “ownership” of every job that is performed for their assigned accounts to ensure MER delivers the highest quality service with outstanding project management discipline. The PA’s goal is to develop expertise in project management, client service and in MER’s core competencies (Emergency Response, Industrial & Marine Services, Facility Decontamination, and Site Remediation).
- Learn the relevant contractual terms that are in place with the applicable clients to assist with initiating work and billing the client.
- Stay informed of the daily progress of all applicable projects by regularly communicating with the applicable Project Managers.
- Assist the Project Managers project finance duties, including:
- Project set-up in Spectrum, including coordinating proper documentation such as client and/or vendor requests for W-9’s, insurance certificates, credit references, lien releases, bonding issues, etc.
- Reviewing WOWS in comparison with the job scope and budget.
- Enter the WOWS information into Spectrum.
- Timely A/P invoice approval as appropriate.
- Produce timely and accurate invoices for client billing.
- Assist with collecting accounts receivable where necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least six (6) months of relevant field experience is strongly preferred, but may not be required based on the Company’s needs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) skills and analytical skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of clients, employees and management.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with MS Excel and web-based software.
- Display strong time management, organizational, and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to understand and analyze components of jobs costs, profit and loss.
- Be aware of OSHA 1910, 1915 and 1926 standards, DOT standards and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory standards.
- Ability to serve as an outside representative of the Company.
- Ability to work in excess of regularly scheduled hours when necessary.
- Ability to travel overnight as required by business needs.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree strongly preferred; Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- NOTE – relevant industry and/or business experience can supplement educational requirement as determined by management.
- Project accounting and/or financial accounting education and/or experience is a plus.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.