Childhaven seeks an Assistant Cook to assist our Lead Cooks in the kitchen and act as cook in their absence. Ideal candidates will be excited to help provide a clean, healthy, and orderly environment for children between the ages of 0 and 6 who attend our early learning programs.
The role will be based at our location in Seattle, WA, First Hill neighborhood.
- High school diploma / GED, or equivalent experience.
- 6 months—1 year related experience.
- Current Food Handler's permit
- Candidates will pass Childhaven's background check and drug screen before being hired.
Childhaven serves families from diverse communities and we are committed to recruiting candidates who reflect this diversity. Multilingual and multicultural candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Every role at Childhaven makes an impact! The Assistant Cook helps us operate a best-in-class child care/early learning program for children and families in the following ways
- Regularly cleaning dishes and running dishwasher
- Preparing, delivering, and collecting meal carts to/from classrooms
- Helping keep refrigerator, freezer and storeroom in order and cleaned
- Stocking food truck orders
- Sanitizing dishwashing area including vegetable sink area weekly
- Assisting with sweeping and mopping kitchen, storeroom, refrigerator, freezer and kitchen bathroom at end of shift
- Assisting in kitchen, such as cooking in the absence of the cook
- Helping clean Childhaven vans as needed
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, and Respect. Here’s a little bit about what we offer our staff:
- We believe in fully transparent hiring practices. The salary range for the Assistant Cook is $14-16 per hour, dependent on years of experience.
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account, education reimbursement and a 403(b) savings program with employer contributions. A full listing of benefits is available.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them and their values. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and to serve on our Racial Equity Team, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
Want to join our team? Submit a resume!
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.